Artist, Art Therapy, Psychotherapy and Belief Statement

I believe all people have the need and ability to create. Using various art and therapy methods I provide a safe and empathetic environment, to encourage life-enhancing expression that brings wholeness, physically, emotionally and spiritually to people's life.

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

From my church book







I have been drawing and sketching in church for quite some time. I find that church is very conducive to feeling the creative presence. And it also helps me listen to the sermon, scripture, etc.






Today I have included some of these Zentangles. Drawing is such a meditative process. Or it can be. I encourage you to take a small piece of paper. Draw a leaf shape or a circle. Dissect it a couple of times, and fill in the remaining openings with geometric patterns. As you can ssee from my drawings, it can be as simple as straight lines following the curve of the shape. It can be dots. It can be repetitive same or different size circles.
Try a little meditative drawing. It will help you focus in anything else you do.
p.s. Can you see some Quilting Patterns?! I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment