Artist, Art Therapy, Psychotherapy and Belief Statement

I believe all people have the need and ability to create. Using various art and therapy methods I provide a safe and empathetic environment, to encourage life-enhancing expression that brings wholeness, physically, emotionally and spiritually to people's life.

Monday, February 28, 2011

You can boost your self esteem

Yea! "one stroke at a time!" That's the Zentangle way!

I enjoyed a weekend with some enthuisiastic junior high youth. We spent time talking about who we are, what we like -- regular self understanding acts that help us also know where we are going. I'm a craft person, so I incorporated a craft activity that all would personalize and enjoy. I had them Modge-podge a jar with magazine pictures and tissue paper and fabric. They looked great, and the kids (including 7 guys) really enjoyed the activity and were proud of the job they did. In the end, the kids took home their jars with "compliments" from the others. A gift that keeps on building. So, they maybe didn't stroke the Zentangle way - but with a brush, but you can still see how breaking down a task makes all growing easier.

The next Zentangle 101 class will be held : Sunday, March 20; 2-3:30 p.m. Come enjoy an afternoon of relaxation and focus. email me at deb@kopeschny.ca to register.

If you would like to refresh your tangling and learn some more advanced tangles, Zentangle 201, Join me on March 16, Wednesday, 10-11:30 noon. Please register through deb@kopeschny.ca.

Take care..

No comments:

Post a Comment