Artist, Art Therapy, Psychotherapy and Belief Statement

I believe all people have the need and ability to create. Using various art and therapy methods I provide a safe and empathetic environment, to encourage life-enhancing expression that brings wholeness, physically, emotionally and spiritually to people's life.

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Farewell 2012

2012 is coming to a close. For me, it has been a year of change and growth. It is good. I would not have suspected a year ago that I would have come so far already with my life and career changes. It seemed last year that I was still treading water. As you can see in my header, water is a wonderful theme in my life. Last year at this time, the water was very deep and I was being held up by it's force - as long as I did not fight it too hard.

But I was not moving forward either. I felt pulled from behind by a relentless force in my head and in my life that kept me from believing in myself. I felt that I was thrashing about, not knowing where to turn nor believing I had much control. I was surviving.

A year later I have wrestled the hold that others have had on me and despite the pain and strength of their forces, I have moved to a new pool of water where I see viewpoints and new possibilities. It looks so much better and I believe that because I have come this far I can go further. 2013 holds many possibilities and more growth. Going to school has been so much more rewarding than I anticipated and I welcome it's challenges.

I will be starting off the new year with Zentangle Classes. Zentangle and practicing daily creativity is a great way to put balance in your life and start a new habit for the new year and Life. Join me.

Peace, Joy and Hope. Deb



No comments:

Post a Comment